I am researcher / data analyst, with a background in physics. After a PhD in physics at ENS Lyon, working within its complex systems institute (aka IXXI), followed by two Post-Docs at INRIA Lyon and MIT Senseable City Lab, I led several projects related to bibliometrics at the University of Lyon. I am currently the Chief Scientific Officer (and associate) of AUM Biosync, a start-up specialized in big data & chronobiology building mobile based solutions to help professionnals (especially firefighters) managing their human and material resources to protect people effectively. On my spare time, I also work as a consultant / expert in bibliometrics, mainly for universities.
My interests lie in the understanding and modeling of socio-economic systems, social dynamics and mobility, and social networks from a statistical physics viewpoint. I’m involved in projects focusing on human behavior and interactions in cities (as analyzed through mobile phone or transaction data) or social networks (as analysed through Twitter, Facebook, etc. content). Another focus of my work is the detection, analysis and visualisation of scientific research patterns through the analysis of bibliographic data, cf the BiblioTools section of this website.
They hired me to run some bibliometrics-related projects:
The new version of BiblioTools, including the dedicated web-based visualisation platform BiblioMaps, is now available. Download the scripts and follow the tutorials to create your own maps of science!
- PhD Thesis: Exploring Social Phenomena with Complex Systems Tools. [pdf]
- S Grauwin, G Beslon, E Fleury, S Franceschelli, C Robardet, JB Rouquier, P Jensen, Complex systems science: dreams of universality, reality of interdisciplinarity. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, ASIS&T (2012). [paper online]
- S Grauwin, F Goffette-Nagot, P Jensen, Dynamic models of residential segregation: an analytical solution. J. Pub. Econ. 96, 124-141 (Feb 2012). [paper online]
- S Grauwin, E Bertin, R Lemoy, P Jensen, Competition between collective and individual dynamics. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 106, 20622-20626 (Dec 2009). [paper online]
- Email: seb.grauwin[at]gmail.com